In recent years, online blackjack has gained immense popularity among casino enthusiasts. New Jersey, being one of the few states that have legalized online gambling, has many online casinos that offer a wide variety of blackjack games. Several variants of this game are supported at these casinos, including European, Progressive, Blackjack Switch, Spanish 21, and more.
This article covers the best online casinos in New Jersey to have a shot at blackjack, including features, bonuses, and overall user experience. Additionally, we’ve shared some surefire tips to help players improve their gameplay and increase the chances of winning big.
✨ NJ Casinos That Offer Online Blackjack
Top casinos that offer blackjack games in NJ include:
Golden Nugget Casino
Golden Nugget is owned by Landry’s Inc and was established in 2020. With over 1000 titles available, the casino boasts a high payout percentage of 97.12% and pays out within two days. Of the 52 table games offered, Blackjack makes up 20, providing a wide variety for players to choose from.
This casino also provides a 100% match-up bonus of up to $1000, with a 30x wagering requirement. It is worth noting that Blackjack contributes 25% to the wagering requirement. Common games include 777 Blazing, Live High Limit, MH, Pro MH, and Atlantic City Blackjack. Golden Nugget also streams live dealer types right from its land-based Atlantic City casino.
Virgin Casino, owned by Gamesys Limited and registered with the company digit 103854, is a top New Jersey online casino based in London. It offers a range of Blackjack online casino games and is licensed by the Division of Gaming Enforcement.
Players at Virgin Blackjack Casino can enjoy various blackjack games, including Single Deck, Multi-Hand, and Vegas Strip Blackjack. In total, there are about 11 variants of this casino game available from NetEnt, Roxor, and ShuffleMaster. These games support low wagers between $0.50 to $1.00, guaranteeing gameplay to all sorts of players.
Although no live games are available at the casino, players enjoy both demo gameplay and real-money gambling on these games.
Caesars, established in 2009 and owned by Entertaining Play Limited Casinos, is a great casino to check out. New players enjoy a $10 no-deposit bonus and a 100% up to $1,000 welcome promotion upon signing up. The Blackjack casino hosts a variety of titles to choose from, including Blazing 7, Blackjack Xchange, Multi-Hand, Single-Hand, and live dealer blackjack.
The casino supports several payment methods, including Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, AMEX, PayNearMe, Discover, and more. The minimum deposit supported is $10, making it accessible to many players. Caesars is a solid choice for players looking for a wide selection of blackjack variants and a range of payment options via an app.
BetMGM launched in 2017 and is owned by MGM Resorts. One of the most enticing aspects of BetMGM is its NJ casino bonus offers. New players are welcomed with a $100 free no-deposit promo with a low 1X wagering requirement. This means you only need to bet once before being able to withdraw your winnings.
The second part of the bonus is a match-up bonus worth 100% up to $1,000. It has terms and conditions of a 15x wagering requirement and expires after 7 days. Blackjack counts 20% towards this bonus. These bonuses also apply to online slots and other non slot games like poker and roulette.
The casino provides a deposit match bonus worth 100% up to $500 + a $10 no-deposit bonus. In the United States, aside from New Jersey, Unibet is also only available in Pennsylvania. Withdrawal requests are processed within a 72-hour interval.
Unfortunately, UNIBET offers only two Blackjack variants: Classic Blackjack by NetEnt and the Diamond Series Micro Stakes. UNIBET also has one of the best New Jersey casino apps for smartphone-based gaming.
❗ What to Consider When Choosing Online Blackjack Sites in NJ
With the rise of internet gambling, choosing a trustworthy and reputable casino is essential to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience. With many alternatives available, choosing the right casino can be overwhelming.
To help you make an informed decision, we’ve compiled a list of factors to consider when choosing online blackjack sites in New Jersey:
- Security and Licensing: Choose a casino licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) and follows industry-standard security protocols.
- Game Selection: Check for various Blackjack variants, including top ones such as European, Progressive, and Spanish 21 Blackjack.
- Bonuses and Promotions: Look for New Jersey casinos that offer lucrative bonuses and promotions, such as welcome bonuses, no-deposit bonuses, and VIP programs.
- Payment Options: Choose an online casino that supports a variety of payment methods and quick and secure deposits and withdrawals.
- Customer Support: Ensure the online casino has a reliable and responsive customer support team available 24/7 to assist you with any issues or queries.
🎲 Top Games — Blackjack Types and Variants
Popular blackjack variants found at casinos in NJ include:
This casino game is played with a regular 52-card deck, and the objective is for the player to beat the dealer’s hand without exceeding 21. In this variant, the dealer receives two cards, one of which is face down, and must hit until they reach 17 or higher.
Players take advantage of options such as doubling down, splitting pairs, and buying insurance. This variant pays out winning hands at 1:1, but Blackjack is paid at a higher rate of 3:2.
This version is played with two decks of cards in contrast to the American variant, which is played with one. The rules also differ from the American variant. The dealer is not allowed to check for Blackjack if they have a face-up Ace or ten-value card.
The minimum bet for European Blackjack in casinos is $1, while the maximum bet ranges from $1,000 to $5,000. Strategies for European Blackjack differ from the American variant and require a thorough understanding of the rules, card counting, and basic strategy.
Progressive Blackjack allows players to win a progressive jackpot in addition to regular payouts. In this game, a small portion of each bet made by players is added to a jackpot pool that continues to grow until someone wins it.
The betting ranges for progressive blackjack in casinos typically start at $1 and go up to $500. The unique gameplay rules and strategies involve a side bet that is required to be in the running for the progressive jackpot, which leads to different betting and playing decisions.
Blackjack Switch was first introduced in 2009. In this game, players are dealt two hands instead of one and switch the second card dealt from each hand. This leads to more strategic gameplay as players improve their hands and potentially increase chances of winning. However, some rules, such as dealer hitting on soft 17 and a 1:1 payout on Blackjack, make gameplay more challenging.
Spanish 21 Blackjack
Spanish 21 is a popular variant played with a Spanish deck of 48 cards (excluding 10s). This variant comes with several unique rules, such as the ability to double down on any number of cards and a bonus payout for certain hands. In contrast, the American variant is played with a standard 52-card deck, and rules vary by casino.
Typical betting ranges for Spanish Blackjack at most casinos vary, but minimum stakes usually start at $5 or $10, while the maximum bet ranges from $500 to $5,000 per hand. These ranges also depend on the casino and location.
Live Dealer Blackjack
Live Blackjack games aim to replicate the experience of playing in a physical casino. Some casinos partner with third-party software providers like Evolution Gaming to offer players a wide range of Blackjack variants.
On the other hand, some casinos like Golden Nugget stream live dealer types from the land-based counterparts, giving a more authentic experience. With many variations of Blackjack typically hosted by these casinos, players enjoy the thrills of gameplay from the comfort of their homes while still having access to a live dealer.
♣️ Online Blackjack Basics
Knowing the basics of the game is crucial for New Jersey players to increase chances of winning. Here are the basic rules and terms players should know when playing online blackjack.
- Card values: In blackjack, cards 2-10 are worth their face value, while face cards (Jacks, Queens, and Kings) are worth 10 points. Aces can take on values of 1 or 11 depending on whether you prefer to split or not.
- Betting: Before it starts, players place the wagers. The minimum and maximum bet limits vary by table and casino.
- Dealing: At the onset of any round, dealers deal two cards for themselves, and two cards to every other player. The dealer’s cards are always dealt face down. For players however, one is dealt face up and the other facedown.
- Player’s Turn: There are several actions players could take in the course of gameplay. These include: splitting (dividing two equal hands), doubling down (upping the wager, and requesting an additional card), standing as well as hitting (to request for another card).
- Dealer’s Turn: Here, the dealer turns over the card laid face down, and hits (requests additional cards) until they have a minimum of 17 in card value.
The objective is to have a hand value higher than the dealer’s without exceeding 21. Players are dealt two cards and may request additional cards or “stand” with their current hand. Aces are worth either 1 or 11 points, face cards are worth 10, and other cards are worth their face value. If a player’s hand exceeds 21, they lose the game.
💫 How to Win at Blackjack — Best Strategies
Blackjack demands skill and strategy. It is important to have a good understanding of the game and to implement the right strategies to increase your chances of winning. Here are some of the best strategies to win this game:
- Unless the dealer has a 9, 10, or Ace, it’s advisable to stick with a soft 18. Otherwise, hit.
- Hit if your total is 11 or less, as it’s unlikely that you’ll bust at this point.
- If the dealer shows a 2 or 6 and you have a hard 13 to 16, standing is the best course of action.
- Always hit when you have a soft 17 or less, as this gives you the best chance of improving your hand.
- If you have a soft 19 or higher, standing is the way to go.
- The exception to hitting a soft 12 is when the dealer has four to six.
- Stand when you have a hard 17 or higher to minimize your chances of going bust.
Using these strategies improves your odds of success at blackjack. However, it’s important to remember that it is still a game of chance.
Many Blackjack players use betting systems to try and gain an edge over the casino. Betting systems are methods for adjusting the size of the stakes based on the previous hands’ outcome. While no betting system guarantees a win, some players find them helpful in managing their bankroll and minimizing losses. Here are a few examples of top betting systems:
- Martingale System: A player doubles the bet after each loss and returns to the original bet after a win.
- Paroli System: A player doubles the bet after each win and returns to the original bet after a loss.
- 1-3-2-6 System: A player increases the bet in a specific pattern – 1 unit, 3 units, 2 units, and 6 units – after each win and returns to the original bet after a loss.
- Oscar’s Grind System: A player increases the bet after a win and stays at the same bet after a loss until they have won one unit. They then increase the bet by one unit and repeat the process.
⭐️ Should You Even Play Blackjack in NJ? Pros & Cons
✅ Convenient: Play from the comfort of your home or on the go with mobile devices.
✅ Accessible: Online blackjack is available 24/7, without waiting for a table or dealing with crowds.
✅ More variations: Casinos offer a wider range of blackjack variations than any other state.
✅ Lower minimum bets: Online NJ blackjack often has lower wagers than every other legal casino state, making it more affordable for casual players.
✅ Bonuses and promotions: Casinos offer various bonuses and promotions, including welcome bonuses and cashback rewards, which can add value to your gameplay.
❌ Lack of physical interaction and social atmosphere with other players.
❌ Dependence on stable internet connection and potential for technical glitches.
❌ Inability to physically handle and count chips, reducing the tactile experience of playing the game.
- Where can I play blackjack virtually in NJ?
There are many online casinos that offer online blackjack NJ games. Some of the top ones in NJ include Golden Nugget, Virgin Casino, Caesars Casino, BetMGM, and Unibet Casino. These casinos are licensed by the Division of Gaming Enforcement, making them great places to gamble.
- Is online blackjack in NJ rigged?
No, online blackjack in NJ is not rigged. Licensed online casinos in Garden City are regularly audited by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement to ensure that their games are fair and random. Additionally, online casinos use RNGs to ensure the fairness of the game.
- What different types of blackjack can I play in New Jersey?
In New Jersey, players enjoy a variety of blackjack variants, including American, European, Spanish 21, Progressive, and Live Dealer Blackjack. These variants are offered at different licensed online casinos. Consult a detailed NJ casino online list for more info.
- What different bets can I place in blackjack?
There are several wagers in place. The most common bet is to predict that your hand will beat the dealer’s hand, which is called the “standard” or “regular” bet. Players can also place side bets, which are separate from the main bet, on things like whether the first two cards dealt will be a pair or whether the dealer will bust. The types of side bets available may vary by casino and blackjack rules variation.
- Can I play blackjack on my mobile?
Yes, players are offered different versions of this game on their mobile devices through iOS and Android NJ casino apps or mobile browsers. Most licensed casinos offer mobile-friendly versions of their blackjack games, including live dealer types that are streamed on a mobile casino app.