New Jersey residents have long been known to be fans of craps offers, a popular casino game that involves rolling a pair of dice to determine the outcome of a bet. With the advent of online casinos, this game has become even more accessible and enjoyable for players across the state.
As one of few states in the US to have legalized online gambling, New Jersey has seen a surge in the number of online casinos that the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement regulates. As a result, most of these casinos now offer craps New Jersey as part of their game libraries, allowing players to enjoy the excitement and thrill of the game from the comfort of their homes. In this article, we will take a closer look at how to play craps in New Jersey.
👑 What Casinos host Online Craps in NJ?
Several casinos host craps gaming titles in Atlantic City, including Borgata, BetMGM, and more. Gamers enjoy the classic dice game from their comfort homes using a desktop computer or mobile device. Other platforms that offer NJ online casino craps games include (list of NJ online craps websites with bonuses here):
- DraftKings Casino: DraftKings Casino offers various online casino games in NJ, including craps. Players place bets up to $2000 per round in this exciting dice game. The platform also offers new players a generous deposit bonus of up to $2,000, matched to their first deposit, and a $60 no-deposit bonus.
- Virgin Casino: Virgin Casino offers online craps in NJ with an average return-to-player (RTP) ranging from 83.33% to 98.64%. The casino partners with Gamesys for its craps gaming category. Players might get a cashback bonus of up to $100 and a $30 no-deposit bonus. Overall, the casino offers a different collection of games and a decent playing experience for craps enthusiasts, with a good range of betting options and an average RTP.
- Bally Casino: Bally Casino offers online craps in NJ with a betting range of $0.10 to $1,900, providing players with a wide range of options. First-time players take advantage of a $100 no-deposit bonus when making their first deposit, allowing them to explore the game online without risking their funds. The only craps New Jersey title available at Bally is from Roxor Gaming, ensuring a high-quality and immersive gaming experience. Bally Casino is a reliable and trustworthy online casino for craps enthusiasts.
- BetMGM Casino: At BetMGM Casino, first-time players benefit from a $100 no-deposit bonus upon making their first deposit and a deposit bonus of 100% up to $1,000. Players also enjoy a live dealer version of Craps New Jersey from Evolution Gaming called first-person crap. This version lets them interact with a live dealer in real time, creating an immersive gaming experience.
💣Online Craps in NJ
Online craps New Jersey games are popular among New Jersey online casino enthusiasts. Most online casinos in Atlantic City offer one gaming title on craps, with variations ranging from traditional titles to live dealer types. The availability of these games depends on the gaming provider the casino has partnered with. Whether you prefer traditional craps in New Jersey or the immersive experience of live dealer games, there’s an option for everyone playing at online casinos in New Jersey.
|🔝Casino||🌟Game||💥RTP, %||🎯Max Odds (Pass Line)||📌Minimum Bet||📌Maximum Bet|
|Virgin Casino||Craps (Gamesys)||83.33% to 98.64%||6x||$1||$50|
|Tropicana Casino||Craps (Gamesys)||83.33% to 98.64%||6x||$1||$50|
|DraftKings Casino||Craps (DraftKings)||83.33% to 99.73%||6x||$1||$2,000|
|BetMGM Casino||First-Person Craps (Evolution Gaming)||83.33% to 99.17%||N/A||$0.50||N/A|
|PartyCasino||First-Person Craps (Evolution Gaming)||83.33% to 99.17%||N/A||$0.50||N/A|
|Borgata Casino||First-Person Craps (Evolution Gaming)||83.33% to 99.17%||N/A||$0.50||N/A|
|Bally Casino||Craps (Roxor Gaming)||83.33% to 99.73%||6x||$0.10||$1,900|
📃 Playing Craps Online in NJ: Different Variants of the Game
- Bank Craps – This is a variant of craps where players place bets against the casino, also known as the house, rather than against each other. The number of dice used in this game variant depends on the specific rules of the casino, but generally, it is played with two or more dice. Bank craps is played on a customized table explicitly designed for the game. The house has an advantage over players in most bets, meaning it is likelier to win rounds in this game variant than the players. It’s one of the best online craps around.
- Crapless Craps – Also known as Bastard Craps, differ from the traditional variant in several ways. In this variant, the shooter can’t lose on the come-out roll if they roll a 2, 3, or 12. Instead, these rolls become “points” that the shooter must try to roll again before rolling a 7 to win.
- High Point Craps – In High Point craps, the shooter must roll a “point” of 5, 6, or 8 before rolling a 7 to win the pass-line bet. The bet is pushed if the shooter rolls a 2 or 3 on the come-out roll. This craps variant is generally played with six-sided dice.
- Simplified Craps – It is played with a single die rather than two. Bets made on this variant include: “Pass,” “Don’t Pass,” “Any 7,” and “Field” bets. Payout ratios differ with the bet types. For instance, the ratio is 1:1 for all wins made on “Pass” and “Don’t Pass.”
💰 Using Online Casino Bonuses for Craps
NJ gambling sites’ bonuses and promotions are a great way to boost your craps bankroll. The casinos we’ve recommended in our article generally offer deposit and no-deposit offers for playing craps.
It’s worth noting that craps typically contribute only a small percentage (less than 10%) to most casinos’ wagering requirements. So while such offers help increase your chances while playing, review the terms of service associated with the bonus offer to save you a great deal of cash and effort later.
⚡ The Most Common Types of Bets in Online Craps
|📍Types of bets||💡Description|
|Pass line||To win in this game, you need the initial roll to be either 7 or 11. Conversely, you lose if the come-out roll is 2, 3, or 12. When the first roll displays any other number, it becomes the “point,” Success is achieved if the dice hit this “point” before hitting 7. However, if the dice hit 7 first, the game is lost.|
|Don’t pass the line||This type of bet is essentially the reverse of a pass-line bet. To win, you either need to roll 2 or 3 on the first throw or get 7 during the subsequent throw before the dice hit the point number. Conversely, you lose if the initial roll is 7 or 11, while 12 results in a tie.|
|Come||You can make a Come bet during a round already in progress. This wager is based on the expectation that the shooter will roll either 7 or 11 in the following die roll, and if that happens, your bet is successful.|
|Don’t come||You bet the shooter will roll a 2 or 3 instead of 7 or 11 during the Come Out roll. When a 12 is rolled, the bet is refunded as a tie.|
|Hard 4||You win on a Hard 4 if you turn up two 2’s before a 3/1, a 1:3 pair, or 7. The payout ratio is 7:1.|
|Hard 6||You win on a Hard 6 if you turn up two 3’s or a combo that sums up to 6 or 7. The payout ratio is 9:1.|
|Hard 8||You win on a Hard 8 if you turn up two 4’s before any other combo that sums up to 8 or 7. The payout ratio is 9:1.|
|Hard 10||You win on a Hard 10 if you turn up two 3’s or a combo that sums up to 10 or 7. The payout ratio is 7:1.|
|Place bet||You win a place bet if you roll a combination summing up to 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10 before rolling a 7. The payout rate depends on what you roll:4 and 10 pay 9:55 and 9 pay 7:56, and 8 pay 7:6|
|Lay bet||Lay bets are converse to place bets. Below are the payouts rates:4 and 10 pay 5:115 and 9 pay 8:56 and 8 pay 7:5|
|Field||You win in a Field bet if you roll 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, or 12. You get bonus money if you roll either 2 or 12.|
|Any craps bet||If you roll 2, 3, or 12, you win. The payout ratio is 8:1.|
|Aces||You win if you throw two 1’s. Payout ratios are between 30:1 and 33:1,|
|Ace-deuce||You win should you roll a 1:2 or 2:1. Payout rates are between 15:1 and 16:1.|
|Yo/eleven||You win should you roll a 6/5 or ⅚. Payout rates are between 15:1 and 16:1.|
|Midnight/boxcars||If you roll a combo of 12, you hitch a payout rate between 30:1 and 33:1.|
|Big red||You win if you manage a combo of 7 in one roll. The payout ratio is 4:1.|
💸 Online Craps Payout
The “Pass” and “Don’t Pass” line bets generally payout at a 1:1 ratio. The house edge typically depends on the variant of the game you play. In the table below, we’ve outlined the payout rates and corresponding house edges of major bets in a casino.
|Bet 🎲||Payout 💵||House Edge 💰|
|Field (numbers 3, 4, 9, 10, or 11)||1:1||5.5%|
|Field (numbers 2 or 12)||2:1||5.5%|
|Place (numbers 4 or 10)||9:5||6.7%|
|Place (numbers 5 or 9)||7:5||4%|
|Place (numbers 6 or 8)||7:6||1.52%|
📈 Simple Tips for Winning Online Craps
If you’re new to online craps or a seasoned player looking to improve your strategy, these simple tips will help you increase your chances of winning. From managing your bankroll to understanding the different betting options, read for practical advice to enhance your online craps game.
- Set a Budget: Budgeting ahead of a game is a crucial tip to remember when playing online craps. Players use responsible gambling features that most casinos incorporate, such as stop limits, to create budgetary controls. By doing so, they avoid blowing too much cash, not just in craps but in all casino games NJ. It’s an effective way to practice responsible gambling while still enjoying the thrill of the game.
- Learn the Rules: Another crucial tip for winning at a casino online is to learn the game’s rules before betting. Game rules vary among variants, and getting familiar with the nuances and intricacies of gameplay is essential. Practice in demo mode to get a better handle on how to play craps, and they also explore no-deposit bonus offers for real cash gambling thrills. Taking the time to learn the rules significantly improves your chances of winning.
- Prop Bets Rarely Work: Avoiding prop bets is another important tip for winning at online craps NJ games. Although the payout ratio might be remarkable at 30:1, the chances of hitting a Big 6 or a Big 8 are dismally low. The house has a higher mathematical advantage in these cases, making them a risky choice for players. Stick to the standard bets for a better chance at winning.
- Claim Available Bonuses: Another tip for winning at online craps NJ is to claim available offers. Bonus offers are effective ways to gamble on your favorite games without spending too much money. Nevertheless, checking the terms and conditions attached to your granted bonus offers is important. Key T&Cs to look for at NJ gambling sites include wagering requirements, time limits, and bonus amounts. By understanding the bonus terms, you maximize your chances of winning and make the most of your bonus offers.
- What is Online Craps?
- Who Can Play Craps Online in New Jersey?
To play this game in NJ, a player must be 21+ years old and located within the state’s boundaries. The player doesn’t need to be a resident of New Jersey. However, they must be physically present within the state limits to play live craps online.
- Can I play craps online for free?
Some NJ casinos offer no deposit bonuses, allowing users to play free online craps and win cash on the games. Nevertheless, these bonuses are typically subject to wagering requirements and are time-bound.
- Can I play craps live on my mobile?
Yes, you can play online craps in new jersey on your mobile device. Most major gaming providers that develop craps games for gambling sites ensure cross-platform compatibility across iOS and Android devices. These games are played on mobile browsers or by downloading dedicated mobile NJ online casino apps.